Saturday, January 21, 2012

Friday 20 th Dive



Don Foster's Dive Reef was a bit more challenging for photography during our dive yesterday. A South bound current, lower visibility and lot of organic debris in the water column made for very difficult focusing.
However the reef was teaming with life. Fish all around eating what ever went by and generally excited in what it seem a great day for them! We were very happy to see them in action. We observe a big Queen Trigger Fish moving huge pieces of dead coral in search for food. For over ten minutes she allowed me to lay next to her work. And although the pictures I took did not make justice, I observed very close every detail of her mouth and teeth, the working expression on her eyes and the once in a while worry glance at me to make sure I did not exceed my boundaries.
I found the pretty small red fish in a Tube Sponge. I forgot his name sorry. And of course, my lens is not macro and this fish is less than 1/4 of an inch long. So not so clear...but pretty!
I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment